Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gloria Vanderbilt












A few weeks back I was having coffee with two of my dearest friends Monica and Haydee, it had been both of their b-days and I presented them with jewels from my collection.  Upon seeing the necklace I gave Monica Haydee said "It's so Gloria Vanderbilt."  That stuck with me for weeks so I decided to post about vintage Vanderbilt designs but ended up getting caught up in the woman herself!  She was stunning and chic as all can be but what really struck me was the assumption that if your beautiful and grow up in a famous wealthy family you're happy....that's just not always the case. She dealt with extreme loneliness as a small child (her parents were more concerned with jet setting than raising their daughter) and heartbreaking personal tragedies as an adult yet had the ability to rise above adversity, depression and predisposed prestige to create something amazing.  May we all leave the past behind and manifest the life we so desire (while looking extremely fabulous.......)

See the latest Gloria Vanderbilt designs here.



No comments:

Post a Comment