Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Fave Tunes

HEAR ME NOW! G-Nuts, I promised I would add a post with my fave tunes, and here it is. However before I wade right on in I must say that at first I thought it might be best to really think about which tunes to choose......but on reflection I think spontaneity is the best approach.

Also many thanks to Mikey D, who put me on to a lot of the best music I have ever heard way back in the second and third years. I can thank him for Curve, Neil Young, Big Star, Slowdive, Ride and most importantly, The Verve. If we hadn't of gone to the Ride gig at the Derby Assembly Rooms where The Verve were supporting, the sound track to my life would have been very different and significantly inferior.

Thanks MIKEY D!

In no particular order;

The Verve - Star Sail, it's just a classic
Metallica - One
John B - Secrets, beee-baa-booo!!
The Verve - Life's an Ocean. If I die before I change this, please play that at my funeral.
The Stone Roses - I wanna be adored
Slowdive - Celia's Dream
Slowdive - 40 Days
Slowidve - Souvlaki Space Station
Slayer - Raining Blood, 'from a lacerated sky........!'
Cypress Hill - Illusions. Now that is dark
Naz - Ghetto Prisoners, keeping it very real there
Cocteau Twins -Pitch The Baby. Reminds me of Mexico when I first heard the album. I was 16!
Smashing Pumpkins - Quiet. The way the drums break into the song is amazing.

Metallica - Harvestor of Sorrow
Metallica - Master of Puppets. 'Master, master where are those dreams I have been after, master, master promised only lies!!!!'

Got excited, listening to all of them now!

I love music. I love the Katz.

No comments:

Post a Comment